New investment cycle was announced by Iskratel Startup as of 1st of September this year intended for startup companies offering information and communications technology (ICT) solutions. The investments are intended for innovative and internationally oriented startups in the fields of cloud infrastructures, IP network virtualization, big data, IoT and M2M technologies, breakthrough multimedia technologies, digitalization solutions, and 5G network solutions.
Iskratel Startup is a corporate program, launched by Iskratel, that helps startup companies with their product development, offers supportive business environment throughout the process and helps launch the product to the market. Those startups that already have 1st prototype have an advantage. The most desirable startups in this year’s Iskratel Startup investment cycle are the ones who are developing the following solutions:
- IOT for smart cities and information systems related to public safety;
- advanced applications that provide automation and control to smart and safe city concept;
- applications and technologies for comprehensive integration and data exchange, as well as information and operational systems and data from various IOT sensors;
- real-time data analytics which supports operations, easy access to data and useful integrated security “end-2-end” solutions.
In the innovation-investment phase, Iskratel will provide co-financing of up to 150,000 EUR for development and production for the 1st series of the finalised product, as well as innovation, development and entrepreneurial support for business model and business plan develpoment and implementation.
The foreseen timeline of the investment cycle is:
- from September 1st to October 19th 2018: open call for submitting startup proposals;
- September 21st 2018: information day for startups;
- October 25th 2018: ISKRATEL STARTUP DEMO day;
- from October 25th to November 16th 2018: Detailed overview, evaluation of business models and solutions, selection of start-up companies – candidates for Iskratel’s accelerator program, preparation of operational-implementation project and business plan for final evaluation and inclusion in Iskratel’s accelerator (financing, innovation-development support, entrepreneurship support).